Categoría de nivel principal o raíz: Labaratory Diagnostic Acces
Categoría: Laboratory Diagnostic Tests
Laboratory hematology encompasses all blood tests, and provides both quantitative and qualitative characteristics of analyzed blood.
- Quantitative analyses - give the number of blood cells (erythrocytes, leukocytes, thrombocytes), concentration of hemoglobin, hematocrit, and erythrocytic and thrombocytic indices.
- Qualitative analyses - establish morphological characteristics of cells in the blood and blood-forming organs (DBP = differential blood picture, myelogram, splenogram), the presence of foreign elements in cells.
Complete blood count
Complete blood count (CBC) determines:
- White blood cell count (WBC)
- Red blood cell count (RBC)
- Hemoglobin concentration (Hb)
- Hematocrit (Hct)
- Thrombocyte count (platelet count; Plt)
- Red cell indices (MCV, MCH, MCHC, RDW)
- Thrombocyte indices (MPV, PDW)
- DIFF (differential white blood count).
Venous blood is a standard sample for hematologic tests.