Categoría de nivel principal o raíz: Blood forming organs
Categoría: Lymph Node
Lymph nodes are round, oval or kidney-shaped encapsulated structures, distributed mainly along large blood vessels. There are about 500 to 600 of them in an organism, with a diameter of 1 mm to 1 - 2 cm. Basic anatomic components are:
- Cortex - outer cortex ( a part just under the marginal sinuses),
- Follicles and germinal centers as a part of the outer cortex,
- Paracortex - cortico-medullary structure (located in between the cortex and medulla),
- Medullar cords (a part of lymph node spreading from the middle to the hilus of lymph node), and
- Sinuses (complex spaces in the medulla).